VZMP at 500

Do you have news that would be of interest to the zither community, such as a new zither CD release, YouTube video, web site or publication? Post your announcements here.

Moderator: Dave

Dave

VZMP at 500

Post by Dave »

A project that began as an effort to conserve the zither music collection of a former member of the Baltimore Zither Club, has since expanded significantly. Now, with generous support from the community, the Vintage Zither Music Project has reached a milestone of 500 zither arrangements and compositions. Since the project has been underway, I have been contacted by zither players and researchers around the world who have expressed their enthusiasm and thanks. Wishing everyone health, happiness and fun with zither music in the New Year!

http://www.zither.us/?q=vintage.zither.music.project
We do not take humor seriously enough. —Konrad Lorenz
franz

Re: VZMP at 500

Post by franz »

I think this is the proper occasion to say: thank you Dave!

Your project is simply outstanding. It is wonderful to see so many valuable works that are now available to enthusiasts all over the world. Although there are other sources on the web that give access to vintage sheet music for the zither this collection is by far the most extensive and variegated that i know of. I can only guess how much of your time you must have sacrificed, but i think it is well invested and most certainly it is appreciated by a lot of zitherists all over the globe. Let's go for the next 500!

Franz
Dave

Post by Dave »

Franz, Thank You so much for the kind words. I'm especially glad to know that you're enjoying the music!

Dave
We do not take humor seriously enough. —Konrad Lorenz
EAR

Post by EAR »

Amazing! Thank you! May God be glorified by your effort, Dave, and praised by those who will play at least some of the songs. Hopefully we will be sooner or later two of them. :) :)