It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!

What songs are you playing now? Do you have a question or comment on playing techniques?

Moderator: Dave

DonO

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!

Post by DonO »

Yesterday, December 1st, I cracked open my binder of Christmas zither music: some scored for Altzither & Concertzither. Great fun playing harmony parts and melody parts. Anyone else gotten out their holiday music?
Kennethpauls

Re: It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!

Post by Kennethpauls »

Playing for the local GASA school Xmas party next week. O Tannenbaum sing-a-long and of course Stille Nacht..And then as many Bavarian songs I can play while people mingle about, before I get too tired. It's fun to show the instrument to the little kids.

And, oh! I've been practicing at the local college- atop one/any of the grand /babygrand pianos in their music rooms. When they're all being used, I sulk and play on my lap at the bottom of the stairwell-which has great acoustics. But, the other instrument players know that too, so there's more competition. By serendipity or a stroke of genius I tried putting the zither hardshell case on a chair with my zither on top, while I sat on another chair and played, and....wow it works really well; sounds so much better, comfortable too!
Andy

Re: It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!

Post by Andy »

Tonight I started thumbing through my great grandfathers music books looking for Christmas music and found some in the last book in the stack. Unfortunately, it is also the book that is quite literally crumbling to pieces. So given the condition and age, I decided to start moving the scores into MuseScore, starting with “Stille Nacht, haliege Nacht”. I’ve attached the PDF here for anyone who wants it, and started practicing it myself.

Happy Holidays Y’all
- Andy
IMG_1363.jpeg
IMG_1363.jpeg (373.26 KiB) Viewed 4326 times
Attachments
Stille Nacht, heilige Nacht!.pdf
(33.43 KiB) Downloaded 186 times