EASY PIECES FOR TWO ZITHERS

Interested in learning how to play the zither and wondering where to start? Use this section to post your questions.

Moderator: Dave

Rudy Mueller

EASY PIECES FOR TWO ZITHERS

Post by Rudy Mueller »

The notebook "Leichte Stückl für zwei Zither - und andere volksmusik instrumente" (easy pieces for two zithers..and other volksmusic instruments) is a delightful start to developing an ear for the music of those around you.

the pieces range from the quintessential "staad, staad" that every button box and recorder player will recognize, to ländler in the schuhplattler tempo, to walzer, all written for two instruments "in c".

the arrangements are by franz swinghammer, publisher zither-ton-verlag, 8120 Weilheim i OB. the price on my copy is quoted in euros (12e), but this book predates the german unification. you'll have to dig up the correct zip code for weilheim i OB.

this notebook occaisionally appears on ebay.de; search subject zither or zither noten.

for the more advanced player, swinghammer also has presented two other notebooks, "der zithersolist - alpenländisch" and "der zithersolist - klassisch", by the same publisher. an occaisional check of "zither noten" on ebay.de may be of help.

rudy mueller