Need zither instructor

Interested in learning how to play the zither and wondering where to start? Use this section to post your questions.

Moderator: Dave

rbenjes

Need zither instructor

Post by rbenjes »

I am a new zitherist, and have been learning how to play without an instructor since June, 2013. Although I'm not a professional musician I have played the clarinet and bass clarinet in various concert bands and (European) folk bands in the Baltimore Area for many many years. I have also had some instruction in other reed instruments, plus classical guitar, and banjo. I feel that I've done well without an instructor, but I do need some help in those special areas that cannot be captured and explained well by text, and video. Is there anyone out there in the Baltimore-Washington area that can provide some help or a lead to find some help. I love the instrument: I have lived in Munich for five years, during my short Army career, speak German somewhat. I would appreciate an answer. Thanks!
Dave

Re: Need zither instructor

Post by Dave »

If you're in the Baltimore-Washington area, I would highly recommend that you try to meet with Jane Curtis in Springfield, VA. You can reach her by email at zitherlady@yahoo.com.

Best,
Dave
We do not take humor seriously enough. —Konrad Lorenz
Heidi

Post by Heidi »

I second Dave's suggestion! I live near Baltimore myself, but am not proficient enough a zither player to offer lessons yet. I currently take lessons from Jane Curtis and can add my recommendation to Dave's. She is a wealth of zither knowledge and has helped me greatly :)

Heidi
"It's what you do with what you've got that counts."
rbenjes

Post by rbenjes »

Thanks all for your help! Jane Curtis has contacted me and I'm waiting for her reply. And Heidi thanks for your reply also; if you wish to exchange some of the challenges you have experienced, contact me at rbenjes3725@comcast.net.