Update from Cincinnati/zither repair

Is your zither in need of repair? Do you have questions on how to best maintain your zither, or have advice? Post your questions and advice here.

Moderator: Dave

Rudy Mueller

Re: Update from Cincinnati/zither repair

Post by Rudy Mueller »

Hi Don,

did you ever get the key repaired/replaced?

in a similar situation with the guitar, i was able to find a local who replaced just the end piece, not the entire screw or machine.

rudy
DonHurd

Re: Update from Cincinnati/zither repair

Post by DonHurd »

Hi, Rudy!

Happy New Year!

Thanks for writing. I've never gotten that ivory/bone/plastic key replaced, mostly because I never use the low C string! I would certainly have it repaired before a performance, though, because of my four zithers, that one has the biggest pretty tone. I've been, mostly, a violinist the last couple of months and also have to keep up piano and organ. I play the piano for the Kolping Saengerchor here in Cincinnati, and I'd hoped that the conductor of the group would have liked to use the zither for the Christmas program but I'm not sure that she has experienced just how nice it would sound, even though it would have to be amplified because our performance hall seats 800 and is usually sold out! But my zither debut will come, sooner or later!

Thanks for writing!

Don Hurd