Forum and Website Moving

Do you have news that would be of interest to the zither community, such as a new zither CD release, YouTube video, web site or publication? Post your announcements here.

Moderator: Dave

Dave

Forum and Website Moving

Post by Dave »

Hi Folks,

Due to recent issues with my current hosting provider, I have begun the process of migrating the forum and website. I'm sending this as an FYI, to explain any outages in advance, and all relevant updates will be posted to this thread. Thank you everyone for your continued support of the forum and website! I'm hoping there will be improvements in many areas with this migration!
We do not take humor seriously enough. —Konrad Lorenz
Dave

Re: Forum and Website Moving

Post by Dave »

Hi Folks,

Welcome to the new Forum! It has now been upgraded to the latest version of phpBB. There will likely be some glitches, but I believe all posts were moved over successfully. I will be performing some additional customizations in the coming days. Please become acquainted with the new format, and make me aware of your preferences.
Dave
NutmegCT

Post by NutmegCT »

Dave - congrats on the successful migration. I've been through those myself - and they're not usually smooth. Imagine losing all member login, thread subscriptions, and password data - not fun.

Best wishes,
Tom M.
Dave

Post by Dave »

Thanks Tom, it went smoother than expected, thankfully. Zither US is now on a dedicated server, so I expect there will be performance enhancements as well.

Just a FYI to everyone, the website, www.zither.us, has been migrated and is now accessible. Please review when you have the opportunity. Your comments and suggestions are certainly welcome. I hope to begin adding more vintage sheet music selections in the coming month. Thanks!

Dave
jbug_zither

Post by jbug_zither »

Hi Dave -

So far, the only issue I have found is the link to the Library of Congress does not work... but that could be that site and not your website ;)

June
Dave

Post by Dave »

June, thank you! Yes, looks like the link had changed. I just fixed it. :-)

For those interested in browsing Library of Congress zither selections, the direct link can be found on this page:

http://www.zither.us/zither.sheet.music