George Washburn concert zither

Do you have information regarding zither supplies, such as rings, strings, tables and sheet music? Are you looking for a reliable zither, or have one to sell?

Moderator: Dave

fink

George Washburn concert zither

Post by fink »

Hello, I have a Washburn concert zither to sell. Made in Chicago #A-1670, Style 140. It is in very good condition. There is one tiny crack at the bottom of the sound hole. Otherwise no cracks or damage. Given to me by my Godfather years ago. I am asking $200 plus shipping or a reasonable offer. It includes the case and tuning tool. Questions welcome. Photos available. They seem to be too large to attach. I'll try to figure that out.
liz
Attachments
IMG_0503.jpeg
IMG_0503.jpeg (3.19 MiB) Viewed 7831 times
IMG_0505.jpeg
IMG_0505.jpeg (3.09 MiB) Viewed 7831 times
IMG_0504.jpeg
IMG_0504.jpeg (3.41 MiB) Viewed 7831 times
IMG_0508.jpeg
IMG_0508.jpeg (3.5 MiB) Viewed 7831 times
neil

Re: George Washburn concert zither

Post by neil »

Interested.
fink

Post by fink »

Hello Nell,
LMK and I can send more photos.

liz
neil

Post by neil »

I sent a private message.
Thanks!
fink

Post by fink »

Neil,
I am unable to figure out how to access your private message. I can give you an e-mail address if you like and if it is permitted? Or, you can walk me thru the process of getting your private message. Sorry, just not that tech savvy .
neil

Post by neil »

If you scroll tobthe top of the page there is a tool bar. Toward the right hand side it says private message. Click that, and then click on the message.
Or my email is nthsar@gmail.com
Neil
neil

Post by neil »

I haven't seen an email or message, but we can continue here if you like.
Does the crack extend beyond the sound hole or is it only in the ring around the sound hole?
Does the instrument "buzz" when it's played?
Please send more pictures.
Neil
fink

Post by fink »

Neil, This is the gist of my e-mail to you to: nthsar@gmail.com
I think my settings may be preventing me from receiving messages? I find us zither.com very confusing.
I am more than available to answer your questions, so, don’t hesitate to e-mail me at my comcast e-mail: fourgirls4years@comcast.net

My father, from Bavaria, played the zither but died when I was 13. I began learning it in the late 1970’s with this Washburn zither. Never got back to it until now and recently had my Dad’s, Anton Keindl, refurbished by Ron Cook. It was in pretty bad shape but has personal meaning to me.
I have not advertised the Washburn for sale except with USZither. Looking forward to hearing from you,

The crack at the round hole does not extend and is only in the ring around the hole. See more photos. The zither is not tuned up. Not sure how to answer about buzzing. When I tune a string it has no buzzing sound. The zither needs a bit of clean up.
I'm going to try to send more photos, including the back, to your e-mail again as it is much easier and I don't has to scale down the photo image size. If you don't get it this time, maybe, send me an e-mail and then I will reply with the photos.
liz