California Zither players?

Interested in learning how to play the zither and wondering where to start? Use this section to post your questions.

Moderator: Dave

SarahA

California Zither players?

Post by SarahA »

Hello, I grew up in Bavaria where I have heard the Zither frequently. I have been living in the US for many years, now in California. During our Covid stay at home order I decided I want to learn the Zither! I play other instruments to varying degrees of proficiency. I like that the Zither connects me to my Bavarian home.
I bought an Akkordzither a few months ago that I'm beginning to play and most recently I ordered a Framus Konzertzither online that I'm now waiting on. I'm excited to start learning and I will take time to look though the resources provided in this forum.
For now, I'm mainly wondering if there happen to be other Zither players in my area in Central California? I will try to teach myself first as much as possible and if needed I might take online lessons later on. I guess given how unknown this instrument is here, it would just be fun to know if anyone nearby plays (maybe even teaches it, knows how to repair it Lol) it or if anyone even knows of any zither related events (I doubt it, but wouldn't it be so much fun if there was? 😁).
velocio

Re: California Zither players?

Post by velocio »

The answer is "YES" (and I am not even alone!).
I grew up in Bavaria, too; and my fiscal residence is in Central California, too - although I spend extended periods of time back in Europe (like currently). Send mail to velocio1@gmail.com and we'll go from there.
Rudy Mueller

Post by Rudy Mueller »

Velocio, still looking for a Schwarzer? I have to get rid of "boomer".

Rudi, da oida mo
velocio

Post by velocio »

No, not looking. Sorry. Sad.
Kennethpauls

Post by Kennethpauls »

aaa
Last edited by Kennethpauls on Wed Oct 14, 2020 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kennethpauls

Post by Kennethpauls »

bbb
Last edited by Kennethpauls on Wed Oct 14, 2020 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kennethpauls

Post by Kennethpauls »

Sarah, Hallo!
I'm one of the other 4 California zither players. I'm located in Ventura Beach. Happy to have you join our small group of enthusiasts. Joseph can you give you resources for all accessories and studies zither.
Good luck!
KP