Zither for sale

Do you have information regarding zither supplies, such as rings, strings, tables and sheet music? Are you looking for a reliable zither, or have one to sell?

Moderator: Dave

Kennethpauls

Zither for sale

Post by Kennethpauls »

IMG_8149.jpeg
IMG_8149.jpeg (1.81 MiB) Viewed 9114 times
I would like to sell my Glier, circa 1936 as I am just not playing it anymore (how many zithers should one have/one need?). And more importantly I have this overriding feeling that an instrument must be played! it is a terrible sin to leave an instrument unattended for too long. One honors the previous owners and teacher by learning and playing well the instrument that's been entrusted to you.

This particular Glier,, with it's very pretty design, has a good clean sound and no cracks on it's body. There is a piece of wood at the base that broke off and I have the pieces of that, but it does not affect the body or the sound. The strings are in good shape, and Sasha Radicic did a great job on repairs some 7 years ago= tightening the pegs, adjusting the Griffbrett, polishing the body.

I bought this instrument from an old man in Long Beach who was also selling his Meinel. Being naive to zithers, I picked this prettier one with the inlaid scene of gentleman and musical lady. It has been with me for 40 years now (I stopped playing for 30 years).

It comes with a beautiful case that I had custom-made from a German Company; It fits snugly and securely.
Kennethpauls

Re: Zither for sale

Post by Kennethpauls »

The attachment IMG_8150.jpeg is no longer available
The attachment IMG_8150.jpeg is no longer available
Attachments
IMG_8151.jpeg
IMG_8151.jpeg (1.91 MiB) Viewed 9111 times
Paul

Post by Paul »

What are you asking for it?

Paul
Kennethpauls

Post by Kennethpauls »

I’m thinking $750. I’d already put $225 into the new case, and $500 in it’s original repairs by Sasha. My feeling, however anthropomorphizing, is that an instrument needs to be played; so I would hope that someone would use it often which honors all the previous owners.
MikeMolaro

Post by MikeMolaro »

Is this still available? And if so where are you located?

Thanks,
Mike