Host for videos?

Post all other questions and comments here. New forums will be added as required.

Moderator: Dave

Musicmaker

Host for videos?

Post by Musicmaker »

Do you know of any other hosts for holding videos other than you tube.
So far I have used you tube but truthfully, I do not want to broadcast myself globally on things like learning the zither.
I prefer in the future to keep this private and sent them to you guys to approve or otherwise and to family and friends only.
I have tried Dropbox but using a tablet it takes ages to wind up and then stops half way through to reboot.
Thats not much use.
I think they call these mediums Hosts.
Any suggestions please.
Pete
NutmegCT

Re: Host for videos?

Post by NutmegCT »

Hi Pete - thanks very much for your detailed comments in my Right Hand position question. After several days, I'd hoped there would be more than one reply!

Regarding YouTube - why not just make your videos "private" or "unlisted"? Upload to YouTube as usual, but instead of the default Public, make them Private or Unlisted. That way only the people (or websites) where you post the URL link can see them. They don't show up in public video lists.

For your current videos, choose the video, then choose Edit Video, then Visibility, and choose Public, Private, or Unlisted.

Tom M.
Musicmaker

Re: Host for videos?

Post by Musicmaker »

Brilliant Tom!
Sometimes I feel so stupid..
It never crossed my mind that I could do that.
I am one of those that the obvious is just NOT obvious to ME !
Thanks.
I hope you found my advice helpful.
After i posted that ,I went to my Zither and did the right hand only as I suggested and also NO PEEPING!!
I felt for the strings and sounded the C on the Griffbrett so as to find tge C on the accompaniament strings.
Still looking away I thenWent to it.
Actually it is quite therapeutic playing right hand only.
I hummed some tunes whilst doing it and changed the chords when needed.
Try it....you will surprise yourself!
After a few weeks of everyday practice, you will find your right hand starting to go into auto pilot.
It is worth it just for a few weeks. Stick to Waltzes only. The rest will come.
Pete