Hi everyone

Post all other questions and comments here. New forums will be added as required.

Moderator: Dave

Gwen

Hi everyone

Post by Gwen »

I have joined the forum in hopes of getting Skype or FaceTime lessons. I got my zither a couple years ago and have been working with the "learn how" books and a guitar teacher. I also attended the workshop in Moline last spring with Tomy Temerson. I really don't feel I can progress much further without some technical zither instruction.
Gwen
NutmegCT

Re: Hi everyone

Post by NutmegCT »

Hi Gwen. Welcome to the forum.

I'll be following this closely, as I'm a beginner myself. Right hand finger coordination is slow going for me.

What method books are you using?

What's your music background, and how did you get interested in learning this wonderful (and challenging!) instrument?

And we'd all enjoy seeing a photo of your zither!

Tom in Connecticut
Rudy Mueller

Post by Rudy Mueller »

Welcome Gwen,

Kurt Eckroth does lessons on Skype. He has quite a set-up, camera and all, in the room we beginners use on Zither Sundays. Kurt has a web site, and you can probably contact him from there. I'll ask Dave to forward Kurt's e-address.

Tom, how is it going? I've hit a wall this week....temp is colder than a....between the humidifier and cauldrons of boiling water on the stove, tuning is an issue.

Rudi
NutmegCT

Post by NutmegCT »

Hi Rudi - I didn't know about the Skype possibility. I've used the Contact form on Kurt's website to ask, but haven't got a reply yet.

Yesterday I was able to manage four note chords on C, F, and G! (but add in the melody thumb, and ... well ... it's not pretty)

Onward!
Tom M.