Pyramid zither strings

Post all other questions and comments here. New forums will be added as required.

Moderator: Dave

DanSymonds

Pyramid zither strings

Post by DanSymonds »

Can anyone tell me the difference between the blue and the red label Pyramid strings? Is the blue a nylon string over a metal core, or is it metal with nylon coating. I have used nylon strings in the past but I did not like them as they didn't seem to have much resonance; too low tension, I think. On the other had, I tried the Bergfee red label recently and they didn't work at all: much too high tension. ( These strings are for a zither with relatively short string length of 16 1/4")Any suggestions much appreciated.
kenbloom

Re: Pyramid zither strings

Post by kenbloom »

I used to use Bergfe Blue label but the tension was too high for my Perfekta zither. The Bergefe Green Label and fine. They sound good and last long. All my zithers are harfenzithers or Perfektas so the string length is long. YMMV.

Ken Bloom
http://www.boweddulcimer.org
DanSymonds

Re: Pyramid zither strings

Post by DanSymonds »

Thanks Ken. I am trying to match an older Pyramid blue label G griff which is terrific; very flexible and resonant. Just not sure whether the new blue label Pyramid C' griff is the same.