Schwarzer zither

Do you have information regarding zither supplies, such as rings, strings, tables and sheet music? Are you looking for a reliable zither, or have one to sell?

Moderator: Dave

isarian

Schwarzer zither

Post by isarian »

Hello,
If anyone knows about a nice Franz Schwarzer Zither beeing sold please let me know.
Thank you, Sepp
Rudy Mueller

Re: Schwarzer zither

Post by Rudy Mueller »

Hello again Sepp,

We were in Germany in March/April, and brought back an F. Seith, a 16 eu (+ 8 eu delivery) orphan badly in need of a new home...but has it responded. Wow! On a visit to Andreas in Miesbach, we noticed he also had a beautifully restored F. Seith, about to be re-strung.

We had a wonderful time in the Miesbach area, including a day trip Birkenstein (bring your Rosary), Tegernsee, and the surrounding area.

So, we Americans schlepp German zithers back to the States, und ihr, uns"ra Landsleut, you, our cousins, are looking for American Zithers to take back to Germany. Hmmmm. What's wrong with this picture?

If you talk to Kurt, he may have a lead...or two.

Rudi

Wendlstoana Fest this weekend. zither/hackbrett/blockflötte usw.
isarian

Re: Schwarzer zither

Post by isarian »

Hello Rudi,

You are right. We have great and if I may say so better zithers over here in Germany (including Austria) and are not in need of American zithers. But since I have spent some years in the US I took a kind of nostalgic liking to American especially Schwarzer zithers. Some of them can be nice instruments. But they are regarded somewhat as a curiosity over here.

Too bad I didn't know about your visit to Andi Waldschütz. You could have visited me too. I live just about 20 miles from him in the mountains.

Birkenstein is a nice place. And Tegernsee as well, ....... the Bräustüberl!! :) http://www.braustuberl.de/

Who is Kurt?

Sepp