Replacement Strings

Do you have information regarding zither supplies, such as rings, strings, tables and sheet music? Are you looking for a reliable zither, or have one to sell?

Moderator: Dave

DonO

Replacement Strings

Post by DonO »

Two great sources of replacement Zither Strings I have used are Anne Prinz (located in Iowa), and Schneider Musik at http://www.Schneidermusik.de (in Germany). Strings from Schneider come by UPS, and very quickly too! even if you select the cheapest option. Price from Schneider is very reasonable but of course depends on exchange rate of the Euro.
Dave

Re: Replacement Strings

Post by Dave »

Thanks Don. I've ordered strings from Anne and Schneider Musik and would recommend both. While visiting Bill Kolb's web site recently, I noticed that he is also offering Lenzner Soloklang concert zither strings.

http://www.doctorzither.com/?page_id=67
We do not take humor seriously enough. —Konrad Lorenz
henrylrjr

Post by henrylrjr »

Hi all,

The posts listing zither string dealers are from 2011 and one of the dealer's add has a date of 2008 so I wonder if they are still in business. I need one Lenzer Fisoma Munich tuning Griff G string for a concert zither. Lenzer lists it as Fisoma Harfenzither part number Nr.5113 for a mensur of 415/435. Does anyone know of a US distributors so I can get one quickly? If necessary I will buy a full 5 string set (a, a, d, G and C)

Thanks,
henrylrjr
Dave

Post by Dave »

Bill Kolb offers Lenzner strings -- he'll probably be able to help you, but it looks like the page link to order strings has changed. There's a link to a contact form at the bottom of the page too.

http://doctorzither.com/orderstrings/
We do not take humor seriously enough. —Konrad Lorenz
henrylrjr

Post by henrylrjr »

Thanks for all the replies. I ended up ordering from Dr. Zither because of his quick responses, apparent knowledge and great communication in email discussions about zithers.
JeffJetton

Post by JeffJetton »

I just ordered some from Dr. Zither too!
neil

Post by neil »

I am making a Zither that is about longer than a standard Zither. How long are standard concert Zither string sets? Are bass Zither string sets longer, or does that just refer to the "bass" strings on the Zither?

Tha KS!
Neil
neil

Post by neil »

I am making a Zither that is about longer than a standard Zither. How long are standard concert Zither string sets? Are bass Zither string sets longer, or does that just refer to the "bass" strings on the Zither?

Tha KS!
Neil
Evelyn

Post by Evelyn »

Zither strings come in different lengths: for Quintzither, Konzertzither, Harfenzither and Altzither, with Quintzither being the shortest and Altzither the longest.

Bass strings refer to the bass strings: Es 13 - Gis 24
Kontra strings are
F (C) 25 - Cis (Gis) 29 and
C (G) 30 - A (E) 33

For more information re string lengths etc you may like to contact Horst Wünsche Zitherbau. They can give you all the information you require, and also supply the strings you need. They do speak English.

https://www.zitherbau-wuensche.de/bergf ... rfenzither

Regards
Evelyn
Evelyn

Post by Evelyn »

Duplicate post removed.