Back to basics...

Interested in learning how to play the zither and wondering where to start? Use this section to post your questions.

Moderator: Dave

Rudy Mueller

Back to basics...

Post by Rudy Mueller »

All the Hypsters say GET A FIT BIT!

As an olde timer I have been tracking my body weight daily, for years. ...mean and range rule, averaging two or three weights daily A.M. , checking the range, then doing the weekly average...the average of averages...(Gauss would be happy 8-)...and tracking the results.

...and along comes a physician saying rudi, you should also track your daily activity, and get at least 150 minutes of "exercise" per week. Well, if you participate in die Vereinen around here, you don't need Vic Tanni or the gym..... for an olde timer, it's been 300-800 minutes of aerobic exercise per week. Surely some of you CT nutmegs get a whole lot more......but .....

then I started tracking my practice time....DISMAL... :(

I do not need a "fit-bit".....I need a "fiZ-bit"! Students, TRACK YOUR TIME!!!!!

As said before, the zither is like having a significant other...one must spend quality time on a regular basis.

Rudi...da oida
NutmegCT

Re: Back to basics...

Post by NutmegCT »

Hi Rudy - My doctor says I'm in excellent health ... for someone who's 175 years old!

I'm a volunteer farmer/orchardist at Old Sturbridge Village, a living history museum in Massachusetts. Several years ago I was out in a field, cutting barley. A family of visitors asked me why an old guy like me was working so hard out in the sun.

I said "It keeps me young and handsome!"

Their six year old daughter looked right at me and said "But it's not working."

Tom M.