Anyone near Vancouver

Interested in learning how to play the zither and wondering where to start? Use this section to post your questions.

Moderator: Dave

Brenth

Anyone near Vancouver

Post by Brenth »

Hi everyone,

I grew up around the Zither, listening to my Opa play it my entire life. I am looking to see if there is anyone close in Vancouver Canada that can help me learn this beautiful instrument. I am about as new to music as they come. But eager to learn.

Thanks in advance for any advice,

Brent
Rudy Mueller

Re: Anyone near Vancouver

Post by Rudy Mueller »

Good morning Brent,

Please forgive the slow response. We are coming to the end of a hectic summer; my wife and I have had 3 teen age grandsons, two daughters, and a son-in law visiting for the last month. The next batch (2 adults, 2 teenagers) arrive today. This after re-siding our cottage this spring. However.....

This section of the site has references to interested parties in Seattle.

There is an Austrian group in the Vancouver area: check out the website of the Gauverband Nord Amerika for Canadian groups who might have information on zither players, or at least give you encouragement.

If you want to teach yourself, the best reference is the instruction book of Kabatek; it is structured for self instruction. Dave Kyger can give you the exact reference of the printable version if you send him an e-mail. The book of A Darr is a close second.

Gut Klang! keep in touch

Rudi Mueller
ritaharris

Re: Anyone near Vancouver

Post by ritaharris »

Gruss Dich, Rudy Mueller!
BIG wave to Brenth!

I'm the one in Seattle, WA I've just replied back to Steve B who is in the NE part of WA State.

Basically, you are "up the road" from me. Have you made any progress since 2017? I for one, have not. Death in the family and lots of issues going on. I WOULD like to hook up however via email instead of forum. I've got a call out to Ron Bracklow. We might have some luck with his help.

Here is my email which should be easy for you to remember:
SeattleAreaHomes4Sale "at" g mail "dot" com

All the best from the Northwest!!!!
Rita Harris
https://www.facebook.com/rita.harris.31392