Zither lessons via Skype

Interested in learning how to play the zither and wondering where to start? Use this section to post your questions.

Moderator: Dave

carmen

Zither lessons via Skype

Post by carmen »

Hello Zitherists,

I am Carmen, a Zither teacher from Germany (graduated from University of music and Performing arts, Munich, July 2010).

The idea of offering Zither lessons via Skype came to my mind when I was abroad in Canada/USA for a year and a student of mine from Seattle asked if I'd be okay with offering lessons via Skype after my return to Germany.
So here I am now, putting this idea out there.

I have been teaching for 7years now and like to play/teach trad. German music, international folk, medieval music and modern music.

Please don't hesitate to ask any question.
I am looking forward to hearing from you.

Have a lovely day and greetz from Germany,
Carmen

http://www.carmen-amrein.de
Rudy Mueller

Re: Zither lessons via Skype

Post by Rudy Mueller »

Has anyone made use of this offer?

Rudi
DonO

Post by DonO »

Hello Carmen,

I have been searching for the Zither Sheet music for "Isarwinkler Laendler". Seeing that you are playing German Folkmusic, I would like to know if you can tell me where I can purchase the notes for Zither I/Zither II; or Zither/Accordian/Guitar?

Don Offinger
USA
eMail: DonOffinger@gmail.com
Kennethpauls

Post by Kennethpauls »

Hello group,
Yes I took a few lessons from Carmen when she was here in Los Angeles for a few days in transit. I can attest to her ability as a teacher. I learned a great deal in that short amount of time, and she is a patient instructor with lots of positive reinforcement. It was a good experience.
KP