I need a zither instructor

Interested in learning how to play the zither and wondering where to start? Use this section to post your questions.

Moderator: Dave

zither1

I need a zither instructor

Post by zither1 »

Please, I have a beautiful zither I recently purchased in Germany. The trouble is - I DON'T KNOW HOW TO PLAY IT.

I am looking for an instructor within 150 miles of Salt Lake City - or at least the instructor who lives the nearest. I will go anywhere.

Thanks
Dave

Re: I need a zither instructor

Post by Dave »

Thank you for your post. I'm not aware of zither instructors in the Salt Lake City area, but hopefully someone will see your request and get you connected. In the meantime, there are several learning resources posted on the Zither US web site. The Taborsky method and exercises by King Keyes have been digitized and can be downloaded. I realize this is no substitute for a teacher, but hopefully it will help you get started with the basics.

http://www.zither.us/?q=zither.learning

I would be interested to hear details of how you procured your instrument in Germany. Sounds like an adventure. :D Can you share a photo of your zither?
We do not take humor seriously enough. —Konrad Lorenz
ilseharris

Re: I need a zither instructor

Post by ilseharris »

Hi,
I am about as far away on the other side of the world, living in Sydney Australia.
But it would not cost you anything to go to YouTube and log on to my channel
>zithergirl<. I have posted videos on how to tune the concert zither, replace a string and
a first lesson on the zither, should give you an idea at least.Good luck!
Warm regards from sunny Sydney
Ilse Harris
www.zither.com.au