Zither Instructions

Interested in learning how to play the zither and wondering where to start? Use this section to post your questions.

Moderator: Dave

bluebird99

Zither Instructions

Post by bluebird99 »

Hi- I live in St Pete. Fl and recently purchased a Zither. Is there anyone in St. Pete that gives lessons?
Rudy Mueller

Re: Zither Instructions

Post by Rudy Mueller »

regrets, but we are just in the throes of selling our place in seminole.

one contact, however, would be the german american club of sun city center, south of tampa, north of sarasota. quite a long drive over the sunshine bridge. without mentioning names, one of their officers took some lessons from a zither player who performed in a german american restaurant in sarasota. she also took part in button box workshops run by a teacher from wisconsin.

another contact would be the german american club of st. pete. as i recall their club house is on 49th just north of park blvd. they might not include a zither player at the moment, but their bavarian dancers keep track of all kinds of performers. their e-contact can be found on the gauverband nord america web site. it may be a drive, but you might also consider contacting the bavarian dancers in orlando.

rudy
bluebird99

Post by bluebird99 »

Thank you for the information. I will try the German American club.
jbug_zither

Post by jbug_zither »

Bluebird - have you had any luck in finding a zither teacher? I am in Sebastian, FL and have tried all of the German American clubs :(. Maybe you had better luck than me? I am currently using the book and cd from Ilse Harris (www.zither.com.au) and using her You Tube videos (zithergirl) with much success. Howev, it would be nice to have a teacher just to check my fingering.
bluebird99

Post by bluebird99 »

Hi- No, I have not found anyone who plays the Zither in my general location. I will try to use the instructions you are using.
Thanks for the help!