zither repair

Is your zither in need of repair? Do you have questions on how to best maintain your zither, or have advice? Post your questions and advice here.

Moderator: Dave

henrylrjr

Re: zither repair

Post by henrylrjr »

I'm disappointed with the lack of responses. Rudi you are the only member to respond to my posts. Are there any more active zither forums?

Thanks,
hemrylrjr
NutmegCT

Post by NutmegCT »

Henry - why didn't you reply to my post about a photo of your zither?

Tom
henrylrjr

Post by henrylrjr »

I tried yesterday but my phone can't send the pics to my computer. I need to go to the samsung phone store. Nonetheless i've submitted about 6 posts and Rudi is the only one that has gotten back to me with some info. Still seems like a dead site.
henrylrjr

Post by henrylrjr »

Also, do you think this zither was stolen from you. I bought it from Bacon Antiques about two weeks ago. Don't know where they got it.
NutmegCT

Post by NutmegCT »

henrylrjr wrote:Also, do you think this zither was stolen from you. I bought it from Bacon Antiques about two weeks ago. Don't know where they got it.
Who are you asking? Stolen from whom? Where is Bacon Antiques?

I'm afraid I for one am a bit confused.

Thanks.
Tom in CT
henrylrjr

Post by henrylrjr »

I was referring to you when you asked for photos. Just a guess. I can't believe you aren't aware that sometimes things are stolen and the losee looks for photos. Also you could look up Bacon antiques in the yellow pages.
Dave

Post by Dave »

Henry, the zither community is small but very supportive. The answers to all of your questions may not come immediately, but they will. If a forum member is not able to answer a question, it’s hoped that the member will research the solution and contribute what they’ve learned. Everyone benefits by having these loose ends tied up. Rudi was extremely helpful in answering your questions, or steering you in the right direction. As one of several questions posed in this thread included help in identifying the age and maker of your zither, Tom’s request was completely reasonable. As far as I'm aware, the zither community does not have a problem with stolen antique zithers. :D

I have a list of resources with contact information on the main web site. See the following link for more details:

http://www.zither.us/?q=zither.resources

If anyone is aware of a useful resource for zither supplies, repairs, etc. not listed in the link above, please let me know and I'll add it to the page.

Dave
We do not take humor seriously enough. —Konrad Lorenz
henrylrjr

Post by henrylrjr »

Hi Dave,

Rudi's responses have been greatly appreciated. I guess I was expecting more info. I'm dong a lot of research and will be more patient waiting for other's responses.
Rudy Mueller

Post by Rudy Mueller »

Good Day Henry,

Learning and practicing zither by myself, almost in a vacuum, taught me the value of experience shared by other players at all levels, and of camaraderie and communication. Perhaps this is the reason for most of my posts on this site, perhaps too many.

The local "Zither Sundays" and North Shore group came to my rescue; dollars cannot purchase instruction such as provided at these venues.

Now if I could only play as well as I type....

Rudi
NutmegCT

Post by NutmegCT »

Henry - what other questions do you have?

I believe he was originally asking about correct nomenclature. If someone could label the parts in this diagram, it might be helpful for all of us.

Tom in CT