Posting Images

Welcome to the forum pages of Zither US (http://www.zither.us), a web site dedicated to promoting and preserving the concert zither. Forums are provided for members of the zither community, players and enthusiasts, to collaborate and share information pertaining to the concert zither.

Please note, as mentioned above, this site is dedicated to the concert zither, that is, a zither with 5 fret board string and 27 or more open accompaniment strings.

To register for a new user account, please send a brief email to dave@zither.us with the following information:

* Your interest in joining the forum.
* Your preferred user name

If you are having difficulties, or have other questions, you may contact me directly at the provided email address.

Gut Klang,

Dave

Moderator: Dave

Dave

Posting Images

Post by Dave »

The board supports the posting of numerous file types. The current attachment size limit is 800kb, which is subject to change. Forum members with high-resolution images may find that their images exceed this file size limit. Attempting to upload a image that exceeds the size limit will result in a "file too large" error message. Simply resizing the image should solve this problem.

My personal preference for this type of task is to use GIMP, the GNU Image Manipulation program. This software is available for users of Mac and Windows platforms.

http://www.gimp.org

Once installed, browse to the image you would like to resize by selecting File->Open, and browse to the image to be resized. Once the image is loaded into GIMP, select Image-Scale Image. Ensure the value for width is 1024 or less. If a new value is entered, select "Scale." Next, return to the File menu and select "Save As" to save the resized imaged.

Optionally, Mac users can easily resize images with "Preview," by selecting Tools->Adjust Size.

If the reader should have another method, write me and I will add your instructions to this post.

Dave
We do not take humor seriously enough. —Konrad Lorenz
Rudy Mueller

Re: Posting Images

Post by Rudy Mueller »

watch out people...

I may may figured out how to get pictures from my i-phone to the pc, and then forward them ad infinatum.......and they all seem to be well under 800 kbits.

yoohoo

Rudi, da Oida

I may throw out the last of my old DOS discs in the near future....
Rudy Mueller

Re: Posting Images

Post by Rudy Mueller »

Thanks Ken