"Der Weg zur Virtuositaet" - Method Book for the Right Hand

This forum will provide lessons for getting started and exercises for gaining proficiency.

Moderator: Dave

DonO

"Der Weg zur Virtuositaet" - Method Book for the Right Hand

Post by DonO »

The 2-Volume set by Willi Hintermeyer, Der Weg zur Virtuositaet is a terrific resource for the Right Hand! They can be purchased from the website: www.notenbuch.de using PayPal. With the dollar and the Euro near parity these days, the cost of 6.5 EUR each is extremely reasonable (plus the postage from Germany to USA). My order of the two books arrived within 10 days. I'm enjoying them. Thank you Ken Bloom for recommending them.
kenbloom

Re: "Der Weg zur Virtuositaet" - Method Book for the Right H

Post by kenbloom »

You're welcome. After you have worked your way through a few of the pages, you will begin to see the thinking behind the exercises. These books really freed up my thinking about right hand fingering. The real fun comes when you start to take a melody that you really like and start to work out more intersting accompaniments. I found that the melodies of Turlogh O'Carolan worked very well. Try Si Beag Si Mor and Fanny Poer for openers. You can get all sorts of scalewise lines to accompany the melody. Good zithing!

Ken Bloom
awrichmond

Post by awrichmond »

I found the books and have th e m in my shopping cart. Now how do I get to PayPal? My German is a bit non-existent.
Alice Richmond
Dave

Post by Dave »

Hi Alice, not to dissuade you from your purchase, but if you're just starting to learn (with a lack of German language ability), perhaps you might be interested in an English zither method to begin? I have a few posted on the web site to get you started, and they're free to download. Please see the top three links at the following page:

http://www.zither.us/?q=zither.learning

Dave
We do not take humor seriously enough. —Konrad Lorenz
awrichmond

Post by awrichmond »

Thanks Dave. I have seen and downloaded those. Thanks.

New strings have arrived. Now for the courage to put them on.