Chicago Zither Club Spring Concert

Have you recently participated in a zither event, or know where the history of the zither can be experienced firsthand? Share your experiences here.

Moderator: Dave

ruthvalentino

Chicago Zither Club Spring Concert

Post by ruthvalentino »

You're invited to the Chicago Zither Club's Spring Concert on Sunday, June 3, 2012 at 2:30 p.m.
Location: Catholic Kolping Center, 5826 N. Elston Avenue, Chicago, IL. Contact 773-631-2854 or
773-774-4594 for more information. Also, see club's Facebook page for additional information.
fsiedow

Re: Chicago Zither Club Spring Concert

Post by fsiedow »

Horrors!! This is terrible~ Hardly any Zither programs in U.S., and both on the same day!!! WHY?? Can you or the Davenport gp chg to Sat, June 2?
I might be persuaded to go up there for 2 concerts, not 1! Other wise, good work for your efforts in advancing the Zither. I'm new (2-12), but pretty enthusiastic, have "new" 1886 Franz Schwarzer I uncovered right here in rural So. Texas :-) No player in So. TX, as I can find! :-( Working on learning w/"Von Anfang an" book, avail. from Anne Prinz, DeMoines Iowa. My translation of the important parts of it should be on this site somewhere. Fred Siedow, Kerrville TX.
ruthvalentino

Re: Chicago Zither Club Spring Concert

Post by ruthvalentino »

Unfortunately, this conflict hardly ever happens. In fact, the Iowa and Chicago groups support each other, even play in each other's concerts. Hope you make the trip to the Midwest. We already changed our date once, so June 3rd is permanent. We have a nice program planned, so we hope to see you there.

Keep up the effort to learn to play! Contact me with any questions.