ZITHER SUNDAY

Have you recently participated in a zither event, or know where the history of the zither can be experienced firsthand? Share your experiences here.

Moderator: Dave

Rudy Mueller

ZITHER SUNDAY

Post by Rudy Mueller »

On Sunday, January 12, 2020, starting about noon, there will be a Zither Sunday and Birthday Celebration at the home of Kurt an Megan Eckroth in Wales Wisconsin.

The celebration will be in Honor of Ludwig Kalbrunner's 86th birthday!

Rudi Mueller
kenbloom

Re: ZITHER SUNDAY

Post by kenbloom »

Please send Ludwig my fondest regards. I think about him often and the wonderful help he gave me early on in my zither explorations.

Ken Bloom
http://www.boweddulcimer.org
Rudy Mueller

Post by Rudy Mueller »

The ZITHER SUNDAY of January 12 has been re-scheduled to January 19 because of the ongoing winter storm,

rudi
DonO

Post by DonO »

Rudi-
This will be like rubbing salt in the wound, but while you were in the midst of winter storms, we here in lower New England had sunny blue skies with temperatures near 70 F!!
Rudy Mueller

Post by Rudy Mueller »

There will be a "Zither Sunday" starting at noon, on SATURDAY, MAY 21, 2022, at the home of Norbert Greis in Grafton WI.

A light lunch and fellowship will be followed by re-introduction of some Schrammel pieces, and others.

Rudi
Rudy Mueller

Post by Rudy Mueller »

The "zither Saturday" went well. Lunch included Königsberger Klopse, parsley potatoes, spätzl, blauerkraut, garden salad, and of course, dessert by Konditor Ludwig.

The session included Shrammels Meran Marach, an Walazer nur höhrn, a Weanerischer Tanz as well as in Wean san d'Erbsen grean, the folk songs Schneewalzer, Bandltanz, and geh mach dei Fnsterl auf, and finally, a read through of Kaiserwalzer

Hope the attachment comes across. Left to right are Gordon Greis, Rudi Mueller, Ludwig Kalbrunner, and Norbert Greis.
20220521_134216.jpg
20220521_134216.jpg (2.4 MiB) Viewed 14795 times
Rudy Mueller

Post by Rudy Mueller »

Notice the table? Table top at knee height, right bridge of zither centered on body, right fore-arm level to ground, left fore-am angled downward, all fingers pointing downward. (Table described elsewhere on this site.)

Any comments??

Rudi

corrections: Marsch, Walzer