Adolf Meinel Sr. and A. Moritz Meinel

Share your zither photos. Use this forum to discuss zither makers and models.

Moderator: Dave

Dave

Adolf Meinel Sr. and A. Moritz Meinel

Post by Dave »

I reader of the web site poses the following question. Does anyone have any thoughts on this?
Were Adolf Meinel Sr. and A. Moritz Meinel the same person? I have come across zithers on Ebay.de that listed an A. Moritz Meinel as the maker.
We do not take humor seriously enough. —Konrad Lorenz
enslein

Re: Adolf Meinel Sr. and A. Moritz Meinel

Post by enslein »

dave wrote:I reader of the web site poses the following question. Does anyone have any thoughts on this?
Were Adolf Meinel Sr. and A. Moritz Meinel the same person? I have come across zithers on Ebay.de that listed an A. Moritz Meinel as the maker.
enslein wrote:Adolf Meinel Sr. is another person than A.Moritz Meiel. Adolf Meinels second name wasn´t Moritz, his second name was Friedrich. Adolf Friedrich Meinel was born in 1872 and dies in the year 1953. In cooperation with Emil Holz, he developed and produced the Quint- and Basszither.
I dont know the exact year of birth of A. Moritz Meinel, but i can say he is defenitly another person.

There were much more Meinels in Germanny. There also existed a Meinel Herold in Klingenthal and a Friedrich Wilhelm Meinel in Dresden.
isarian

Re: Adolf Meinel Sr. and A. Moritz Meinel

Post by isarian »

Adolf Moritz Meinel was a cousin of Ulrike Meinel's grandfather Adolf Friedrich Meinel (1872-1953). From her I know that Adolf Moritz built solid instruments. However, soundwise they didn't set themselves apart from the bulk of zither builders.
Sepp