Kerschbam Zither Trio

Do you have news that would be of interest to the zither community, such as a new zither CD release, YouTube video, web site or publication? Post your announcements here.

Moderator: Dave

DonO

Kerschbam Zither Trio

Post by DonO »

Recently I found the Kerschbam Zither trio on YouTube and was smitten by their selection, "Ubanachtig". I have provided the link below to YouTube, where they have several other nice pieces. I enjoyed this one so much that I looked at their website and sent an email to their contact person (Andreas Waldschutz) and learned that they have a self-published collection of 10 pieces, written for Zither 1, Zither 2 and Zither 3 with the chords written for guitar counterpoint. Most of the 10 pieces have been composed and or arranged by two members of the Kerschbam group. Was able to get the set of 3 parts using PayPal, and within a week the books came in the mail (I got my copies on 1/22/13). In the process, a new Zither friend in Germany has been made. These pieces are quite approachable for a Zither Group of intermediate skill and above; and are fun to play and listen to. Andi Waldschutz commented that the books he sold me are his first sale in the US! If anyone needs help ordering these, let me know, as the emails back and forth were all in German.

Enjoy these as much as I have: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6IWqqszDH0